Skip to Content
Streetsblog Los Angeles home
Streetsblog Los Angeles home
Log In
A Line (Blue Line)

Metro Bus 51 Collides with Blue Line, Sends 32 People to Hospital

According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, 32 people went to the hospital this morning after Metro bus 51 collided with the Blue Line. Of the approximately 650 people on both the bus and train when the incident occurred, most of those sustaining injuries had been on the bus. And, most of those injuries were minor.

The collision occurred around 7 a.m. this morning at the intersection of Washington Blvd. and San Pedro St. Metro Communications Manager Rick Jager told Blog Downtown that the train clipped the back end of the bus, sending the bus into a light pole.

Continues Blog Downtown:

Monday's collision is only the most recent for the Blue Line train, which has had more than 20 accidents so far this year -- six of which involved fatalities. Three of these deaths have been confirmed as suicides and one other is currently being investigated as such, Jager told OnCentral last month.

The Source noted that the bus and one rail car sustained significant damage, and that the cause of the accident is still under investigation.

Bus shuttles were put in place until the Blue Line was able to resume service around 9 a.m.

Stay in touch

Sign up for our free newsletter

More from Streetsblog Los Angeles

City Committee Approves HLA Minimum Standards, Requests Clarification for Crosswalks

A year after voters approved Measure HLA, the city approved its HLA Standard Elements Table which clarifies what minimum features will be included in bus/bike/walk facilities

April 3, 2025

SGV Connect 135.2 – Memories of El Monte and The People’s Cafe

Last week, Chris visited the mutual aid group Memories of El Monte's bi-weekly food distribution at the Klingerman Apartment projects in South El Monte to interview group members and get an update on the construction of their physical location, The People's Cafe.

SGV Connect 135.1 – An Update on the Foothill Gold Line Construction Timelines

Earlier today, Damien Newton sat down with Gold Line Foothill Construction Authority CEO Habib Balian to discuss how a too-high bid will lead to a delay on Gold Line construction to Montclair

See all posts