CicLAvia Introduces Iconic Wilshire Boulevard Route for June 23rd Open Streets Festival
We just got word that CicLAvia has announced the route for CicLAvia VII: Iconic Wilshire Boulevard. The event runs a record 7 hours, from 9 am to 4 pm. The route runs a cool 6.3 miles from Wilshire and Grand in Downtown Los Angeles to Wilshire and Fairfax, just a couple of blocks from the historic 3rd Street Farmers Market.
- This CicLAvia is signifgantly different than the other events for a couple of reasons.
- For the first time, CicLAvia has a pair of pedestrian only zones for a couple of blocks at each end of the event.
- Additional hubs include MacArthur Park, Koreatown and Mid-Wilshire.
- There are only four car crossings for the 6.3 mile route
- As mentioned above, the event runs for a record seven hours
Iconic Wilshire Boulevard is part of Pacific Standard Time Presents: Modern Architecture in L.A. This collaboration, initiated by the Getty, brings together 17 local cultural institutions from April through July for a wide-ranging look at the postwar built environment of the city as a whole, from its famous residential architecture to its vast freeway network, revealing the city’s development and ongoing impact in new ways. Major support for CicLAvia – Iconic Wilshire Boulevard has been provided by the Getty Foundation.