This Week in Livable Streets
Phil Washington speaks in South L.A. tonight. The Metro board debates this week. L.A. City celebrates its newest protected bike lane. A gourmet night with Santa Monica Spoke. Lots more!
- Monday 6/13 – Tonight! Numerous organizations are convening a South Los Angeles Peoples’ Forum with Metro CEO Phil Washington. The event takes place at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza Bridge (second floor next to Macy’s) at 3650 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in South L.A. Doors open and refreshments start at 6 p.m.; program begins promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday-Thursday 6/15-16 – Metro board committees meet to discuss and decide board business in advance of next week’s board meeting. This month, there is a multi-billion-dollar sales tax spending plan to decide. Meeting agendas and details at Metro.
- Thursday 6/16 – LADOT and Councilmember Jose Huizar celebrate the city’s newest and most full-featured protected bike lanes! The Los Angeles Street protected bike lanes grand opening will be at 1:30 p.m. at El Pueblo de Los Angeles at 125 Paseo de la Plaza across Alameda from Union Station in downtown L.A.
- Friday 6/17 – Santa Monica Spoke hosts Dinner & Bikes + Cupcakes – a zero-waste gourmet fundraiser featuring Elly Blue, Joe Biel, and Joshua Ploeg. The fun takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at a location adjacent to the 17th Street Metro Expo Line Station in Santa Monica. Details at Santa Monica Spoke.
- Saturday 6/18 – Walk ‘n Rollers present the Los Angeles Walk and Roll Challenge. Walk and ride to raise funds for worthy causes. The event starts at 8 a.m. at the Foshay Learning Center at 3751 South Harvard Boulevard in South L.A. Details at Walk ‘n Rollers or Facebook event.
- Saturday 6/18 – The City of Santa Monica will hold the first public planning workshop for the upcoming expansion of Airport Park. The workshop takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 3201 Airport Avenue in Santa Monica. Details at Airport2Park.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.