This Week In Livable Streets
Metro wants your input at a series of community meetings regarding its draft sales tax expenditure plan. There are meetings on parking reforms, Boyle Heights joint development, zoning code, and Long Beach’s bike plan. Top it off with rides and ice cream on Sunday!
- Monday 4/11 tonight – Metro is hosting meetings to receive input on its proposed sales tax expenditure plan. The third of Metro’s community meetings takes place tonight in the middle of the San Fernando Valley from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Marvin Braude Constituent Service Center at 6262 Van Nuys Boulevard in Van Nuys. Easy access from the Metro Orange Line Van Nuys Station. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Tuesday 4/12 – The Culver City Bicycle Coalition hosts its regular monthly public meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Pitfire Pizza at 12924 W Washington Boulevard in Culver City. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 4/13 – The L.A. City Council Transportation Committee takes on parking reforms, mobility hubs, the L.A. River bikeway, ExpressLanes funding, and more. Meeting is at 1 p.m. at L.A. City Hall room 1010, at 200 N. Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles. Details at meeting agenda.
- Thursday 4/14 – The city of Long Beach is hosting an open house meeting for input on its new Bicycle Master Plan. The open house takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. at MacArthur Park’s Manazar Gamboa Community Theater at 1323 Gundry Avenue in Long Beach. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 4/14 – Metro’s fourth expenditure plan community meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Carson Community Center, Room C, at 801 E. Carson Street in Carson. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
- Saturday 4/16 – Re:code L.A. continues its series of public forums on the future of L.A. City’s zoning code. This Saturday’s forum takes place from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at Boyle Heights City Hall at 2130 E. First Street in Boyle Heights. Meeting details at re:code L.A.
- Saturday 4/16 – Metro is hosting a workshop on guidelines for future development at their lot at Cesar Chavez Avenue and Fickett Street. The meeting (the first of a two-part series) will take place from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at Sheridan Street Elementary School at 416 Cornwell Street in Boyle Heights (the second meeting is planned for Wednesday, May 4 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Sheridan Street Elementary School). For more information, contact Vivian Rescalvo at rescalvov [at] metro.net or (213) 922-2563.
- Sunday 4/17 – Culver City Walk ‘n Rollers hosts its Walk and Roll festival celebrating walking, bicycling, and skating. The festivities take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Culver City Middle School at 4601 Elenda Street in Culver City. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 4/17 – Walk Bike Glendale hosts a Family Ride. Meet at 9 a.m. near the basketball courts at Fremont Park at 600 Hahn Avenue in Glendale. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 4/17 – Bicycle-powered Peddler’s Creamery celebrates its third anniversary with an ice cream scoopathon. Pig out from 12 noon to 5 p.m. at the creamery’s flagship store at 458 S. Main Street in downtown Los Angeles, with plenty of convenient bike corral parking. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Next Tuesday 4/19 – Yet another Metro’s Measure R2 expenditure plan community meeting takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Larry Chimbole Cultural Center at 38350 Sierra Highway in Palmdale. Meeting details at Metro’s The Source.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.