Ten Reasons to Come to the Streetsblog Party at Eco-Village Tomorrow
Come party with Streetsblog Los Angeles as we celebrate our success with the 2014 Los Angeles Press Club Awards banquet.
In addition to taking home the “Best Blog” award, members of our team picked up individual honors throughout the night including Sahra Sulaiman (Best Online Feature story, 2nd for Best Online News Story, 3rd for Best News Photo), and Damien Newton (3rd for Best Online Lifestyle Piece). SBLA sister publication’s Brian Addison also took home “Best Online Journalist.”
We’ll be returning to the home of our first fundraiser, the Los Angeles Eco-Village (117 Bimini Place) at 6 p.m. Admission is $25 on a sliding scale. Food and drink will be provided.
If that thrilling introduction wasn’t enough of an incentive, here’s ten more reasons to come party with us tomorrow.
1) Streetsblog (and our sister sites under the umbrella non-profit Southern California Streets Initiative) won six L.A. Press Club awards in three years including Best Blog (twice), Best Online Journalist, and three awards for individual articles.
2) It’s been almost three years since our last party at L.A. Eco-Village. The last one was a going away party for Joe Linton.
3) If you don’t have plans for CicLAvia, you can meet a ride buddy. Seriously, like 90% of the people at this party will be going to CicLAvia the next day.
4) Damien, Joe and Sahra will all be there, so if you want to complain about a Streetsblog L.A. story, you’re almost guaranteed a chance to meet the author.
5) New t-shirts! For the first time Damien ordered women’s and men’s sizes instead of “unisex.”
6) When we say “sliding scale” we mean it. Can’t afford the suggested price? Come anyway!
7) Because Joe thinks Marvel comics are better than DC and Damien KNOWS that the reverse is true. You can never tell when a fight is going to break out over the hummus.
8) The event is catered by Village Market Place. Yummy local organic catering? Yes, please!
9) If that comic book thing was just too exciting for you, don’t forget Damien is something of an expert on One Tree Hill trivia, too.
10) It’s going to be fun.
Share the Facebook event with your friends! See you tomorrow.