The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday – If you ride a bicycle and you care about who wins the race in Los Angeles City Council District 4 — the race to replace Tom LaBonge — you should plan on attending this meeting. Get the details, here or on Facebook.
- Tuesday – LADOT is re-opening the upgraded Spring Street Parklets. It seems like just yesterday they opened for the first time. Good times. Get the details, here.
- Wednesday, Thursday – It’s that time again…time for the Metro Board of Directors Committee Hearings. This is where decisions are made about Metro policy before the public spectacle of the Board meeting next week. You can read all the committee agendas, here.
- Thursday – “This is what democracy looks like.” CALO YouthBuild’s 2015 Issues Forum is an opportunity for youth to share their knowledge and insight with policy makers and the community at large. Young researchers and organizers will be presenting on issues related to gentrification, police brutality and environmental justice. In addition to framing the issues, these youth will be offering policy suggestions to our elected representatives and other guests. Get more information, here.
- Thursday – Join health, transportation, and social justice advocates at SLAMM South L.A., to network, plan, develop leadership, and identify shared funding opportunities for South Los Angeles. More info or on Facebook.
- Saturday – Support local businesses at the upcoming community fest in Leimert Park for a chance to win cash prizes from Metro’s Eat, Shop, Play Crenshaw campaign! During the event you’ll enjoy food from local eateries, live music and fun-filled activities.Yum. More information, here.
- Sunday – CicLAvia!: The Valley! Visit their website! Look for SBLA’s preview article in the next couple days.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email email@example.com.