The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday – The Mayor’s Office, Office of Jose Huizar and a host of other Downtown interests host “Pop-Up Broadway” an extension of the already-in-place Broadway Dressed Rehearsal. This event builds upon and activates the recently transformed public space along Broadway with the principles underlying Great Streets. The interventions will take a variety of forms including local merchants, street art, live music, a bicycle zone, artist installations and nighttime projections. Get more details, here.
- Monday, Tuesday – The Atlantic, The Aspen Institute, and Bloomberg Philanthropies, bring you CityLab, one of our most innovative programs of the year. The program brings together 300+ of the world’s top mayors, urban experts, city planners, writers, technologists, economists, and designers. It started yesterday and is going on right now. More details at the CityLab website.
- Wednesday – Marks the start of Walk to School Month. There are lots of folks organizing walks, or organize your own – with support from LADOT and others. More details here.
- Wednesday – Former NYC Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan speaks at UCLA. Free, but RSVP required. Details here.
- Thursday – The Metro Board of Directors is going to meet. For real! The usual “end of September” meeting was pushed to this week. The agenda hasn’t been posted online yet, but when it is you can find it here.
- Sunday – CicLAvia! Much more to come this week.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Let me know, email@example.com.