BikeSGV 2013 Awards Dinner and Ceremony
You are cordially invited to attend Bike San Gabriel Valley’s (BikeSGV) 2013 Awards Ceremony and Fundraiser. Join us for a festive, fun-filled evening as we recognize local elected officials, businesses and advocates for their commitment to a more bicycle-friendly San Gabriel Valley. The event will be held at the historic Grapevine Arbor in the San Gabriel Mission District on Saturday, September 28th (5-11pm).
- 5-6pm Cocktails and Appetizers
- 5-8:30pm Silent Auction
- 6-8pm Dinner, Awards and Program
- 8-11pm Music, Socialize and Dance!
Evening highlights will include:
- Keynote Speaker: Steve Scauzillo, Editor, San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Vintage Chinese pedicab!
- Appetizers, dinner (inc. vegetarian options) and dessert
- DJ and dance floor
- A great crowd including local advocates, policy makers, city staff and more!
- City of Temple City
- Council Member Marlen Garcia, City of Baldwin Park
- Council Member Joe Gonzalez, City of South El Monte
- Advocates Katherine Ramirez and Henry Coronado
- Performance Bikes, Pasadena
HONORARY DINNER COMMITTEE (as of 8/24)
- Sam Pedroza, Council Member, City of Claremont
- Tom Chavez, Council Member, City of Temple City
- Manuel Lozano, Mayor, City of Baldwin Park
- Juli Costanzo, Mayor, City of San Gabriel
- Margaret Finlay, Mayor, City of Duarte
- Richard Schneider, MD, Council Member, City of South Pasadena
- Vincent Chang, City Clerk, City of Monterey Park
- Peter Chan, Treasurer, City of Monterey Park
- Marlen Garcia, Council Member, City of Baldwin Park
- Laura Santos, Board Member, Bassett USD
- Joe Gonzalez, Council Member, City of South El Monte
- Xilonin Cruz-Gonzalez, Board Member, Azusa USD
- Jay Chen, Board Member, Hacienda-La Puente USD
- Anthony Duarte, Board Member, Hacienda-La Puente USD
- Peter Chan, Council Member, City of Monterey Park
- Vincent Yu, Council Member, City of Temple City
- Yolanda Rodriguez-Pena, Board Member, Azusa USD
- John Fasana, Council Member, City of Duarte
Sponsor a local student who is actively helping make the SGV a more bike-friendly place by purchasing a gift ticket, or two!
Interested in sponsoring the Awards dinner to help promote your cause, event, and/or business? Contact email@example.com
- By Bike: Please avoid Mission and bring bike lights. Complimentary bike valet will be provided.
- On Le Metro: Several bus lines run along Las Tunas/Main St, including the 78/79/378, a few blocks away. The nearest Gold Line stations (Mission; Filmore) are a little over 4 miles away, but could include a scenic bike ride through South Pasadena/San Marino.
- By Automobile: Free public parking available at the San Gabriel Mission Auditorium off of Mission Dr., as well as street parking.
- Location Map: http://goo.gl/maps/6K9mm
Our success depends on the support of community members. All funds raised will be used to further BikeSGV’s mission of making the San Gabriel Valley a safer, healthier and more enjoyable place for cycling. To learn more about BikeSGV, please visit our website at www.bikeSGV.org
PAYING BY CHECK
Please make out checks to “Community Partners”, with “BikeSGV” in the memo and mail them to: Javier Hernandez, Attn: Awards Dinner, 2554 Lombardy Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
BikeSGV is a project of Community Partners, a non-profit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Tax ID # 95-4302067
Thanks and see you on September 28th!