The Week in Livable Streets Events
Here we are at the week that connects Carmageddon to CicLAvia. It’s bound to be a strange one, right?
- Tuesday – At 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, Mobility 21 hosts a “rally for Measure J” in Downtown Los Angeles. With just over a month left in the election season, business and labor interests are finally beginning to turn their attention to the extension of the 2008 Measure R transit tax. We have the poster announcing the event in our calendar section for details.
- Tuesday – Every quarter, the Los Angeles Department of Transportation holds a “Bicycle Plan Implementation Team” meeting to update the cycling community on what projects have been completed, what projects will be completed between meetings and the status of environmental and planning studies on future projects. This quarter’s meeting is tomorrow at 1 p.m. Get the meeting details here, or download the agenda, here.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – Metro hosts a series of meetings on their East San Fernando Valley Corridor Plans. The weekday meetings are at night, and the Saturday meeting during the day. Make sure you double check the times and locations before you head out, all of which can be found in the Streetsblog calendar section.
- Thursday – The Los Angeles Department of Transportation is hosting three meetings to update Westsiders on their community transportation plan. If you can’t make the meetings, next week’s will be live streamed. If you are free this Thursday night, click here for details.
- Sunday – It’s CicLAvia. I know, they’ve been quieter this time. Maybe they’re waiting for the Carmageddon noise to quiet down. Anyway, get all the details on the five hours of Nirvana at the official website.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need for the calendar next week? Contact damien at streetsblog dot org.