- Culver City CRA Busy Last Day, Gets Out Request for Projects and Approves Contract in Last Week (Wave via Curbed)
- Red Line Stations Getting Hats (Brigham Yen)
- …And This Time, It’s Staying Green! (LADOT Bike Blog)
- Express Bus Linking South Bay to Long Beach Coming in May (Daily Breeze)
- Breaking: Not Everyone Hates High Speed Rail (OC Register)
- Contract with Proposed Mine Endangers L.A.’s Clean Energy Plans (LAT)
- Cafe Stella in Silver Lake, Tear Down That Wall (LA Weekly)
- Secretary LaHood and Villaraigosa Holding Press Event at 9:45 at Union Station. Release After the Jump.
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill
MAYOR ANTONIO VILLARAIGOSA
City of Los Angeles
February 6, 2012
MAYOR VILLARAIGOSA AND US TRANSPORTATION SECRETARY LAHOOD TO HOLD PRESS AVAILABILITY ON HIGH-SPEED RAIL AND TRANSPORTATION INVESTMENT IN LA
LOS ANGELES – Two weeks after President Obama called for investments in transportation as part of “an America Built to Last” in his State of the Union address, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will hold a press availability at 2:45 PM on Tuesday, February 7, 2011 at Union Station’s Old Ticket Room, 800 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Following a roundtable with local business and transit leaders, Mayor Villaraigosa and Secretary LaHood will discuss high-speed rail inCalifornia and how President Obama’s commitment to high-speed rail is spurring American innovation and creating quality American jobs.
Mayor Villaraigosa and Secretary LaHood will also discuss the Obama administration’s commitment to creating jobs by investing in the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
Ray LaHood, US Transportation Secretary
Dan Richard, Chairman, California High Speed Rail Authority
Art Leahy, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
John Fenton, CEO, Metrolink (Southern California Regional Rail Authority)
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
800 N. Alameda Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Old Ticket Room (located just inside main entrance on left hand side)