Featured Headline: The Bicycle Film Festival is in town, get your tickets and details here! There’s a lot of great bicycle themed events going on around the city that are of local signifigance as well. Northeast L.A.’s Flying Pigeon is hosting the second meeting of “Figueroa for All,” a community group dedicated to improving North Figueroa Blvd., and the famous Spoke(n) Art Ride. Farther west, SM Spoke and the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition host a night of bikes, discussion and cupcakes featuring Bike Luminary Elly Blue on Saturday. If you only have time for one film at the festival, there’s one featuring the Wolfpack Hustle and Los Angelopes on Saturday Night. Check it out.
Featured Headline: Now the legislature is debating providing legal protections for all major projects from “lengthy legal challenges” under CEQA. I know CEQA needs reform, but maybe trying to do it in two days isn’t the best idea? Isn’t CEQA all about the major projects, and not the minor ones? Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I’m a little concerned…
- In Car Clogged L.A., Here Come the Bike Lanes (LAT)
- Did Anyone Catch KFI’s Bill Carrol Ragging on the 7th Street Bike Lane?
- Prez Makes Case for Transpo. Spending (The Source)
- The Comments Thread on L.A. Weekly’s Article on Anti-Harassment Is Harassing the Writer
- More Than 2 Million Californians Have a Commute of More than 45 Minutes (California Watch)
- A Short History of the LA Freeway System (Travelin’ Local)
- Boxer’s Pal Inhofe Won’t Screw Up Temporary Renewal of Transpo. Bill Over Bike/Ped. (Cap. Hill S_Blog)
- Warning to Pols: “You Won’t Find the Next Job if You Slack off at This One” (Daily News)
- More Transit Security in Advance of 9/11 (The Source)
- JSK Is Not Leading a War on Cars (NYC S_Blog)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill