Featured Headline: This week kicked off Metro’s hearings on Green Line Expansion to LAX. NBC 4 notes the history of trying to bring rail transit to the airport and notes that the expansion is a top project in Mayor Villaraigosa’s America Fast Forward plan.
Meanwhile, the Daily Breeze attends one of the first meetings while longtime advocate Ken Alpern notes the “crazy” history of the project. Can’t make a meeting? You can always fill out the online survey.
- 710 Tunnel Makes the List as Dumb Ideas/ Environmental Disasters (SF Gate, Sunroom Desk)
- At LADOT, the Ship Is Turning (Flying Pigeon)
- Feinstein: Nobody Knows Where Money for Westside Subway Is Coming (Patch)
- AEG Pushing to Change Enviro. Laws for Their Stadium (LAT)
- Governor Appoints Jobs Adviser to Calif. High-Speed Rail Board (Sac Bee)
- California Watch Story Questions Safety, Cost of Elevated High-Speed Rail
- In New Jersey: Hoboken Aims for 80% Bike Facility Coverage (Sblog NYC, Patch)
- What Else Can We Learn from NYCDOT? (HuffPo)
- Guy Gets a Ticket for Breaking the Law. It’s the Law’s Fault. (LAT)
- Zev Makes the Case for His Preferred Redistricting Plan (City Watch)
- But Really, the Problem Is the Districts Are Too Big (City Watch)
- Barry Bonds Goes for a Bike Ride in Marina del Rey (TMZ)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill