Featured Headline: Say what you want about The Source, they were at their best yesterday when they published Metro’s recent crime statistics with a short analysis by Steve Hymon. The stats show that L.A.’s transit system is relatively safe, although, as Curbed notes, not the safest in the country.
Featured Headline 2: Apparently the Metro Board is going to debate the certification of the Crenshaw Subway later this morning. I should get my eyes checked.
- L.A. Weekly Pronounces the Westside Subway Dead
- More on the “Don’t X Out Transit” Rally (LA_Now, KPCC)
- What Can L.A. Learn About Public Space and Transit from NYC? (Brigham Yen)
- Little Tokyo Covers the Broad/CCC/Regional Connector Controversy (Rafu Shimpo)
- Meanwhile One Curbed Reader Posits What Broad’s Fix for the Hollywood Sign Would Be
- Bev. Hills Demands Answers from Metro, Metro Calmly Answers (The Source)
- Elly Blue Slips and Tells World About Bloggers Plan for Bike Domination (GRIST)
- Get Over It, L.A. Not Even Close to Worst Commute (LAT)
- Can the Feds Fix Detroit’s Uniquely Terrible Transit System? (Streetsblog Capitol Hill)
- Breaking: Not All Driver’s Are Jerks (Biking In L.A.)
- Why Is the Bike/Ped Relationship Often Portrayed As War in the Press? (Where the Sidewalk Starts)
- NorCal Eating Our Lunch, Politically Speaking (Zocalo)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill