C.I.C.L.E.’s Traffic Basics Workshop
- September 13, 2008 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Designed for the person that is new to riding in
city traffic, this is the perfect workshop to get you, or someone you
love, out there bicycling on city streets both safely and confidently.
During the first part of the workshop, we will help you develop a
thorough understanding of the basic principles of bicycle and traffic
safety. For the second part of the workshop, you’ll need your bike,
because we’ll be hittin’ the road for an easy bike ride that will put
what you just learned into practice. This workshop requires that you
are already confident with your bike handling abilities.
To attend this class you must be able to:
* Start your bike with confidence and ease.
* Balance and steer your bike
* Bring your bike to a smooth and controlled stop.
* Use your gears effectively
* Remove one hand from your handlebar to signal without veering.
* Look over your shoulder without veering.
you need to boost your bike handling skills, please see our ‘Can You
Handle It?’ and ‘Handle It Better!’ workshop descriptions (follow link
below) to better determine your skill level. Feel free to call or write
us with any questions.
Meets in Glassell Park, Los Angeles.
Class Fee $15 Sliding scale available
Class Limit: 6 : Workshops fill quickly. Call or write to reserve a spot. info(at)CICLE.org : 323-478-0060