This Week In Livable Streets
This story is sponsored by Los Angeles Metro to remind readers of traffic pattern changes resulting from the Purple Line Construction. Unless noted in the story, Metro is not consulted for the content or editorial direction of the sponsored content.
CicLAvia returns to the Heart of L.A. – plus Weekend to End Homelessness, Walktober, Clean Air Day, Walk to School Day and more!
- Tuesday 10/1 – Tonight the city of L.A.’s Bicycle Advisory Committee will meet starting at 7 p.m. at Hollywood City Hall, at 6501 Fountain Avenue. Details at meeting agenda or Facebook event.
- Wednesday 10/2 – This Wednesday is National Walk to School Day. L.A. Walks will hosts PEOPLE V. STREETS where parents and volunteers at both schools will dress up and carry signs and props to slow traffic as parents and students walk to school. The event will take place from 7:30-8 a.m. at two L.A. schools: Vista Charter Middle School at 2900 W. Temple Street in historic Filipinotown, and Franklin Avenue Elementary School at 1910 N. Commonwealth Avenue in East Hollywood. Details at L.A. Walks.
- Wednesday 10/2 – This Wednesday is California Clean Air Day. Celebrate at a Thank a Transit Rider pop-up hosted by State Senator Ben Allen, L.A. City Councilmember Mike Bonin, Climate Resolve and Move L.A. from 8-9:30 a.m. at the Expo/Bundy Metro station. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 10/2 – Everyone In will host a messaging training session for advocacy in support of housing for the unhoused. The training will take place from 6:30-8 p.m. at 3916 Sepulveda Blvd in Culver City. Details and rsvp at Everyone In.
- Starting Thursday 10/3 – The Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition is hosting Walktober – a month of walking events, including Girl Treks, a Pasadena City Hall tour, Eaton Canyon hike, and Walktoberfest. Details at PCSC.
- Friday 10/4 – Homeful.LA’s Weekend to End Homelessness kicks off with Everyone In’s bus tour of West L.A. supportive housing throughout West LA. The tour will take place from 8 a.m. to noon departing from the West L.A. Municipal Building at 1645 Corinth Avenue. Details and RSVP at Everyone In.
- Friday 10/4 – As part of Homeful.LA’s Weekend to End Homelessness, Everyone In will host a Forum with Community Leaders: West LA from noon-2 p.m. at the West L.A. Municipal Building, 2nd Floor, at 1645 Corinth Avenue. Details and RSVP at Everyone In.
- Saturday 10/5 – Walk ‘n Rollers will host a Kids Bike Skills Workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Shively Middle School, 1300 Lerma Road in South El Monte. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 10/6 – Celebrate CicLAvia’s return to the Heart of L.A., celebrating the 100th year of UCLA. The free, fun, family-friendly open streets festival returns to central L.A. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The route is easily accessed using the Metro Expo, Gold, Purple or Red Lines – also Amtrak or Metrolink. Details at CicLavia. Share via Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.