This Week In Livable Streets
This story is sponsored by Los Angeles Metro to remind readers of traffic pattern changes resulting from Purple Line Construction. Unless noted in the story, Metro is not consulted for the content or editorial direction of the sponsored content.
CicLAvia in Pico Union/Mid-City! Metro board, Pico Rivera and Azusa bikeways, Burbank complete streets, and more.
- Monday 6/24 – Breathe L.A. will host The Changing Landscape of Mobility in Southern California – a conversation on how communities are affected by changes in transportation in our region. The panel discussion will take place from 6-8 p.m. at the California Community Foundation, Joan Palevsky Center Conference Room at 281 S. Figueroa Street in downtown Los Angeles. Details and RSVP via Breath L.A. webpage.
- Monday 6/24 and Wednesday 6/26 – Metro is hosting scoping meetings on extending the Eastside Gold Line from East L.A. to South El Monte and Whittier. This week’s meetings will be held on Monday 6/24 from 6-8 p.m. at the Quiet Cannon Banquet Center at 901 Via San Clemente in Montebello and Wednesday 6/26 from 6-8 p.m. at Pio Pico Woman’s Club at 9214 Mines Avenue in Pico Rivera. All meetings will have the same information. The presentation will begin thirty minutes after the scheduled start time. Refreshments, children’s activities, and Spanish interpretation will be available. Details at Metro project webpage or The Source.
- Tuesday 6/25 – The Burbank City Council will be discussing the city’s proposed complete streets plan at a study session starting at 6 p.m. at Burbank City Hall Council Chambers at 275 E. Olive Avenue. The public is encouraged to attend and comment. Details at Complete Our Streets Burbank and meeting agenda.
- Tuesday 6/25 – ActiveSGV is encouraging folks to testify in support of the city of Pico Rivera’s first protected bike/rollway and new pedestrian bridge across the San Gabriel River. Comment at the Pico Rivera City Council meeting starting at 6 p.m. at Pico Rivera City Hall, 6615 Passons Boulevard. See ActiveSGV alert webpage for details.
- Thursday 6/27 – The Metro board of directors will meet to discuss and decide various issues from Transit-to-Trails to Union Station run-through tracks to e-scooters and more. The meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. at One Gateway Plaza, behind Union Station in downtown L.A. Agenda and reports at Metro meeting webpage.
- Thursday 6/27 – Everyone In and the John and Marilyn Wells Family Foundation present Stories from the Frontline – an evening of storytelling and celebration featuring people in the Pasadena community who have experienced homelessness, or worked to end it, to share their personal stories of strength and perseverance. The event will take place from 6-9 p.m. at Polytechnic School Founders Hall Auditorium at 1030 E. California Boulevard in Pasadena. Details and RSVP at Everyone In webpage.
- Thursday 6/27 – The L.A. Department of Water and Power is hosting workshops to master plan the Silver Lake reservoir. First community meeting will 6-8 p.m. at Friendship Auditorium at 3201 Riverside Drive in Los Feliz. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 6/27 – L.A. County Department of Public Works is hosting a community input meeting on Vincent Community bikeways in Azusa. The meeting will take place from 6-8 p.m. at Valleydale Park Auditorium at 5525 N. Lark Ellen Avenue. Details at ActiveSGV Instagram.
- Sunday 6/30 – CicLAvia returns! The free family-friendly open streets festival will open streets from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Pico Union and Mid-City Los Angeles. Details at CicLAvia webpage.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.