This Week In Livable Streets
Homeless count, Metro board, River bike path, NextGen bus study, and more this week.
- Tuesday-Thursday 1/22-24 – Starting tonight, volunteer for L.A. County’s homeless count. Details at Greater L.A. Homeless Count website.
- Wednesday 1/23 – The L.A. City Council Transportation Committee will meet starting at 1 p.m. at L.A. City Hall room 1010, at 200 N. Spring Street (public entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details at meeting agenda.
- Wednesday 1/23, Thursday 1/24, Saturday 1/26 and continuing through Wednesday 2/6 – Metro is continuing its series of ten public input meetings on its NextGen bus study. Wednesday’s meeting will be from 4-7 p.m. at Dollarhide Community Center at 301 N. Tamarind Avenue in Compton. Thursday’s meeting will be from 4-7 p.m. at Pasadena Senior Center at 85 East Holly Street. Saturday’s meeting will be from 9 a.m. to noon at Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Aspen Hall TE-101, 2215 South Grand Avenue, in downtown Los Angeles. Details at The Source.
- Thursday 1/24 – Metro will convene its monthly board meeting starting at 9:30 a.m. at the third floor board room at One Gateway Plaza (behind Union Station) in downtown Los Angeles. Agenda and staff reports at Metro meeting page.
- Thursday 1/24 – The city of Downey will host a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the launch of the city’s bike-share system. The festivities will take place starting at 10 a.m. at Discovery Sports Complex at 12400 Columbia Way. More information at the Downey Patriot.
- Friday 1/25 – Culver City will host a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Park to Playa, Culver City Ballona Creek Connection Project and the Nature Trail Rehabilitation. The celebration will begin at 11 a.m. at Culver City Park. Details at Culver City website.
- Starting Saturday 1/26 – Metro will host three community input meetings for the 8-mile L.A. River bike/walk path project closing the gap between Cypress Park and the city of Vernon via downtown L.A.. Meetings will take place: Saturday 1/26 from 10 a.m. to noon at Boyle Heights City Hall at 2130 E. 1st Street; Thursday 1/31 from 6-8 p.m. at SCI-Arc at 350 Merrick Street in the downtown Los Angeles Arts District; and Thursday 2/7 at the Cypress Park Recreation Center at 2630 Pepper Avenue. Meeting details at Metro project webpage.
- Sunday 1/27 – BUSted hosts a night of true stories about living car-free in Los Angeles. The fun takes place from 5-8 p.m. at Stories Books and Cafe at 1716 W. Sunset Boulevard in Echo Park. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 1/27 – FilmedbyBike film festival will take place from 2-8:30 p.m. at Boomtown Brewery at 700 Jackson Street in the downtown L.A. Arts District. For details and to purchase tickets, see Facebook event.
- Next week, Tuesday 1/29 – LADOT and City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield will host a community meeting on planned safety upgrades for Winnetka Avenue. See LADOT website for details.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.