This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 12/5 – Tonight, the California High-Speed Rail Authority is hosting the third of four community input meetings on proposed plans for HSR from Burbank to downtown Los Angeles. Monday’s meeting will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Nishi Hongwanji Buddhist Temple at 815 E. 1st Street in Little Tokyo. Details on CAHSR flier [PDF].
- Tuesday 12/6 – The Department of City Planning will host the final of two open house public hearings on community plan updates for South Los Angeles. Tuesday’s meeting goes from 5 to 8 p.m. at L.A. Trade Tech College (outdoor event tent behind Aspen Hall) at 2215 S. Grand Avenue in South L.A. Details on flier and at wixsite.
- Tuesday 12/6 – East LA Community Corporation (ELACC) is hosting a community meeting about the affordable housing development at First and Soto Streets in Boyle Heights. The meeting takes place from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Puente Learning Center at 501 S. Boyle Avenue in Boyle Heights.
- Tuesday 12/6 – The California High-Speed Rail Authority wraps up its community input meetings on proposed plans for HSR from Burbank to downtown Los Angeles. Tuesday’s meeting will be English/Spanish bilingual and will be webcast. It all takes place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the L.A. River Center at 570 W. Avenue 26 in Cypress Park. Details on CAHSR flier [PDF].
- Wednesday 12/7 – Metro’s Boyle Heights Design Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) will hold a meeting to review the draft Development Guidelines for the Metro-owned site at Cesar Chavez and Fickett. The meeting takes place at 6 p.m. at Puente Learning Center at 501 S. Boyle Avenue in Boyle Heights.
- Wednesday 12/7 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts an open house celebrating the history of bicycling in L.A. The festivities take place from 6-10 p.m. at LACBC headquarters at 634 S. Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles. The event costs $5 for non-members or $20 for non-members to become a member. For details, see Facebook event.
- Thursday 12/8 – Metro hosts afternoon and evening Rail-to-River meetings focused on Segment B Alternative Routes through southeast L.A. County cities. The meetings take place from 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at the Bell Community Center at 6250 Pine Avenue in the city of Bell. The second meeting features a live webcast starting at 6:30 p.m. For details, see earlier SBLA coverage.
- Saturday 12/10 – Southern California Transit Advocates will meet at 1 p.m. at Angelus Plaza at 255 S. Hill Street (4th floor) in downtown Los Angeles. Move L.A.’s Jerard Wright will be the guest speaker, discussing the passage of Measure M and what to expect next. The free meeting will feature the election of officers for 2017, and discussion of current transit topics including the Metro transit policing contract.
- Sunday 12/11 – Bikerowave is hosting a swap meet to sell off some overstock and to raise money for the shop. The public are invited to sell their spare bike bits as well. Bikerowave swap meet takes place from 9 a.m. to noon at 12255 Venice Boulevard in West Los Angeles. For more details, see Bikerowave.
- Sunday 12/11 – Streets Are For Everyone (SAFE, formerly Finish The Ride) hosts a series of Holiday Challenge fundraiser rides, runs, and walks to raise money for ending hit-and-run violence. The events take place at various start times at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. See SAFE for details and to register.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.