This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 12/21 – Will West Hollywood co-host a CicLAvia open streets festival? The West Hollywood City Council is consider a motion to direct staff to develop CicLAvia plans and seek Metro funding. The item is on the agenda [PDF – see item 5.E.] for tonight’s meeting at 6:30 p.m. at WeHo City Council Chambers at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard. Additional details in this staff report. The West Hollywood Bicycle Coalition encourages bicyclists to speak in support during public comment.
- Tuesday 12/22 – It’s the longest night of the year… if you’re up late reading Streetsblog, please make a donation to keep us fierce and smart in the year ahead. Donate here.
- Thursday 12/24-12/25 – Streetsblog won’t be publishing the day before Christmas or Christmas day. Surprise your relatives by walking, biking, or taking transit to enjoy your holiday get-together!
- Sunday 12/27 – Finish the Ride – now rechristened SAFE – hosts their Tour De Valley! Various bike rides, runs, walks, rolls, plus live music and family festival – all in the name of ending hit-and-run crimes and making safer streets for everyone. The event takes place from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Sepulveda Basin’s Woodley Park at 6350 Woodley Avenue in Van Nuys. Register in advance at BikeReg. Additional details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 12/27 – Occasional Streetsblog contributor Erick Huerta leads a walking tour of Boyle Heights, including the Breed Street Shul, Pico-Aliso Housing Projects, murals, Evergreen Cemetery, and other landmarks that highlight Boyle Heights multiculturalism. Meet at Self Help Graphics at 1300 East First Street in Boyle Heights. Details at Facebook event.
- Next week: Streetsblog’s annual Streetsies awards polling! Don’t miss it!
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.