This Week in Livable Streets
11:35 AM PST on December 7, 2015
Lots to see and do this week! We are really excited about ULI's Transit Oriented Los Angeles conference this Thursday morning - follow @StreetsblogLA for live tweeting from it!
- Monday 12/7 – Metro is holding a round public workshops on its Active Transportation Strategic Plan. There's a meeting tonight 4 to 6 p.m. at the Norwalk Community Meeting Center at 13200 Clarkdale Avenue in Norwalk. For additional details see workshop flier [PDF], project summary [PDF]. Pre-registration is recommended via Metro website.
- Tuesday 12/8 - Metro is holding a round public workshops on its Active Transportation Strategic Plan, with a meeting Tuesday 4 to 6 p.m. at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center at 3330 Civic Center Drive in Torrance. For additional details see workshop flier [PDF], project summary [PDF]. Pre-registration is recommended via Metro website.
- Tuesday 12/8 - The Culver City Bicycle Coalition hosts its final monthly meeting of the year - from 6 to 8 p.m. at Pieology Pizzeria at 3850 Main St, in Culver City. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 12/8 - Metro is holding a round of public workshops on its Active Transportation Strategic Plan, with a meeting Wednesday 4 to 6 p.m. at the at Julia McNeill Senior Center, 4100 Baldwin Park Boulevard in Baldwin Park. For additional details see workshop flier [PDF], project summary [PDF]. Pre-registration is recommended via Metro website.
- Wednesday 12/9 - This week's Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee takes place at 1 p.m. at Room 1010 of Los Angeles City Hall. There's nothing earth-shattering on the agenda, but the committee will discuss the Metro 7th Station tunnel to The Bloc, and some specific oversize vehicle restrictions and preferential parking districts. For more details see agenda [PDF].
- Wednesday 12/9 - Latino Urban Forum presents a panel discussion Latina Urbanism Shaping, Enhancing and Preserving the Community with panelists Carmen Argote, Adonia Lugo and Isela Gracian. The free event takes place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at El Pueblo America Tropical Interpretive Center at 125 Paseo de La Plaza, in downtown Los Angeles. Details at Facebook event.
Thursday 12/10 - The Urban Land Institute hosts its Transit Oriented Los Angeles conference from 7 a.m. until 12 noon at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo. Speakers include Phil Washington and Mark Ridley-Thomas. Registration is $90, with discounts for nonprofits and students. For more details and to register, go to ULI.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.
More from Streetsblog Los Angeles
Solis Motion Demands Community Benefits for Stadium Gondola to Proceed
A motion from Supervisor Solis would require the gondola project commit to many community benefits - from robust, affordable housing to truly committing to using no public funds
SGV Connect 121: El Monte and South El Monte, with ActiveSGV and Libros Monte
Podcast features ActiveSGV's David Diaz on various multimodal/complete streets projects - and Pedro Gonzales on Libros Monte and Mt. SAC's El Centro: Latinx Student Program