This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 11/2 – Tonight! Celebrate SBLA’s sister site LongBeachIze’s very own Brian Addison winning the California Bicycle Coalition’s Bicycle Dreamer Award. Festivities today from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at MADE at 240 Pine Avenue in Long Beach. RSVPs requested for meal/no-meal choices. Details at Facebook event.
- Tuesday 11/3 – Want a plaza, bike corral, or parklet in your L.A. neighborhood?!? Apply to get your very own from LADOT’s People St program. LADOT is offering a 90-minute People St information session Tuesday at 6pm at the City Controller’s Office, Main Conference Room, 200 N. Main Street in downtown Los Angeles. RSVPs requested. More details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 11/4 – Interested in organizing to fix L.A.’s faltering sidewalks? RSVP to find out the location of Investing in Place’s 2:30 p.m. sidewalk working group strategy session. Details at Investing in Place.
- Wednesday 11/4 – Urban Land Institute (ULI) will host a meet-and-greet with Santa Monica City Manager Rick Cole from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Location and registration information is available here.
- Thursday 11/5 – Another LADOT People St workshop! This one is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Marvin Braude San Fernando Valley Constituent Service Center, Room 3B, and 6262 Van Nuys Boulevard in Van Nuys. Details at Facebook event.
- Friday 11/6 – State Senator Holly J. Mitchell hosts Women and Inequality: Strategies to Promote Opportunity. The event goes from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Weingart YMCA at 9900 S. Vermont Ave in South Los Angeles. Free, but RSVP recommended. For details contact Joy Masha by email Joy.Masha [at] sen.ca.gov or call (213) 745-6656.
- Friday 11/6 – Join TRUST South L.A.’s unity ride for safer streets and vibrant communities! Meet at the corner of Slauson Avenue and Cenral Avenue at 3 p.m. Ride in support of protected bike lanes on Central Avenue. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 11/8 – Like to bike up hills? Try the 10th annual Feel My Legs I’m A Racer a challenging bicycle ride on some of Los Angeles’ steepest streets. Meet up at 7:30 a.m. at Sunset Triangle Plaza, at the intersection of Griffith Park Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 11/8 – Because you just can’t seriously possibly bike to the grocery store on that Rowena Avenue! It’s a group bike ride to Trader Joe’s and then to the Silver Lake Reservoir meadow. Gather at 12 noon at Morning Nights at 1523 Griffith Park Blvd in Silver Lake. Details at Facebook event.
- Next Monday 11/9 – Another LADOT People St workshop! This one is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Mar Vista Branch Library at 12006 Venice Boulevard in Venice. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email email@example.com.