This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday – The California High Speed Rail Authority hosts an open house regarding the planned segment connecting Palmdale to Burbank. There’s a series of open houses [PDF] which started yesterday and continue through June 6. Tonight’s meeting will take place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Buena Vista Branch Library in Burbank.
- Tuesday – Another High Speed Rail open house [PDF], this one is at Sun Valley High School from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday-Thursday – Metro committees conduct their business the week before the full board meeting. This week’s committee meetings include a special hearing on Metro’s FY2016 budget taking place Wednesday at 1 p.m [PDF]. All Metro agendas posted here.
- Saturday – It’s the turnover of the Foothill Gold Line’s new maintenance and operations campus at 1508 S. California Avenue in Monrovia; the yard was built by the Gold Line Construction Authority and will be operated by Metro. It’s a free event, your chance to check out the new, large-scale light rail maintenance facility for the Foothill Gold Line’s extension to Azusa, expected to open in early 2016. The yard is actually quite a place to see, as readers learned when SBLA toured the under-construction site last summer, with lots for rail buffs, and plenty of the latest ecologically-friendly building designs. At 9:30 a.m. there will be a public celebration handing over a giant key. From 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. there’s a public open house, including tours. Get full details here [PDF].
- Saturday – The East Side Riders host the annual Ride of Silence, an annual bike procession honoring rider who have been killed or injured. L.A.’s Ride of Silence departs at 1 p.m. in El Segundo. Details at Facebook event page.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need to know for future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.