The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday – The City Council Planning and Land Use Committee meets to discuss a number of issues and receive an oral report from a Planning Director on the planning policies, work program, operations, and other items of interest. Read the agenda, here.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets to, amongst other things, hear an update from LADOT on their various projects straight from General Manager Seleta Reynolds. Check out the agenda, here.
- Thursday – The battle to keep Mt. Hollywood Boulevard free of cars continues. The Griffith Park Advisory Board is meeting to discuss the issue. There are a pair of feeder bike rides to the event, one from Toluca Lake in the Valley and the other from Sunset Triangle Park.
- Friday – Critical Mass! Wilshire/Western! 7 p.m.
- Saturday – The Metro Board meets ahead of its board meeting next week for a “working meeting” examining the Metro Budget. Grab your popcorn! Meeting details available here.
- Sunday – Car Free SFV has become my favorite yearly calendar event. Can you go car-free or car-light for one day? If so, take the CAR FREE SFV EARTH DAY PLEDGE and join the LACBC Valley Neighborhood Bike Ambassadors for the Earth Day Family Bike Ride. LA River Corp. will also be organizing an Earth Day Eco-Scavenger Hunt. The fun starts at 9:30 a.m. Get the details, on Facebook.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Send us a note at email@example.com.