The Week in Livable Streets Events
Long week coming up with a lot of big meetings. Highlighting the week are the bike meetings on Tuesday and Thursday, the L.A. Walks meetings on Tuesday and Thursday and the Regional Connector meetings on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Tuesday – You’ve read about it here, at the LACBC blog and at Biking In L.A., and now it’s time for action. Join the Expo Bicycle Advisory Committee as they get updated from Expo staff and try to push the Construction Authority to create the best bikeway they can. Read the agenda, here.
- Tuesday – Join L.A. Walks at the Echo Lake Coffee Company as they plan their event as part of the next CicLAvia. Be a part of group effort celebrating walking and generally moving at a gentle pace—with a strong dose of fun and silliness. Get the rest of the details, here.
- Wednesday, Thursday – For some reason, the Regional Connector team refuses to show me station design drawings ahead of the meeting on Wednesday. One staffer even denied to me that they existed even though a Supervisor’s staffer told me they saw it last week. It makes me nervous when government agencies refuse to give out public information.
Anyway, the Regional Connector team is holding the first two of four public outreach meetings this week. It’s going to include first station design drawings. Wonder what they look like. Get the details of the meetings, here.
- Thursday – There is no Metro Board meeting this month. Join us next month for another dose of fun and silliness.
Thursday – The Caltrans District 7 Bicycle Advisory Committee is meeting at the Caltrans Building in Downtown Los Angeles at 1:30 P.M. When we get the agenda, we’ll post it here.CANCELED
- Thursday – Last week Don Ward made a call to arm for anyone tired of hearing about how cyclists are being run down without consequences in Beverly Hills. The City Council meeting starts at 7 p.m. Get all the details at Don’s article last Friday.
- Saturday – Los Angeles Walks and the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council hold a special meeting with candidates for open seats for the candidates to talk about their view for city streets. The Design Charrette will also include staff from LADOT and City Planning. And there will be pizza. And doughnuts. Get the event details, here.
- Saturday – The Eagle Yacht Rock Club, the same people that bring volleyball to CicLAvia, are hosting a fundraiser for at risk children projects. We’re big fans of the Yacht Club, and encourage you to attend or donate if you can. Get the details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to put on the calendar for next week? Let us know, damien at streetsblog dot org.