The Week in Livable Streets Events
Big week coming up. The Metro Board meeting promises some highlights, the Transportation Committee is going to talk the Bike Plan and Damien is allowed out of the westside for a forum on parking with the AIA.
- Monday– Have questions about Rampture (also known as “Ramp Jam” if you happen to work for Metro)? The topic lead off a lot of news reports over the weekend, mostly discussing another fizzle. By the time Zev takes to the computers for a live chat at 1:00 P.M. we’ll get to see how closing the Wilshire Blvd. ramps impacted the morning commute. Have a question for Zev, or just want to follow online? Get the details, here.
- Tuesday – The American Institute of Architects hosts a round table discussion on parking, free parking, and efforts to curb parking requirements. And they invited me to come speaking. Me. Speaking in public. Get the details at the AIA’s event website.
- Tuesday, Thursday – The Gold Line Foothill Extension continues the community meetings it started last week. If you want to learn more about the project, you should try and go to one of the night time meetings. If you want to know more about the meetings, click here.
- Wednesday – The City Council Transportation Committee meets at 2 pm at City Hall. Read the agenda, here.
- Thursday – Are you ready? I mean, ARE. YOU. READY? The Metro Board of Directors votes on whether or not to make room on the ballot for Measure R+. Of course, there are other things to discuss, the future of Union Station and the Valley-Westside transit corridor. We’ll update Streetsblog when the agenda is available. In the meantime, keep this link. It’s where they post the agendas.
- Friday – Critical Mass. Critical Mass. 7:00 P.M. Wilshire/Western. Say hi to the police escort.
- Sunday – The South L.A. Peace, Love and Family ride is the second major bike ride organized in less than three weeks that highlights South L.A. as a cycling destination. Sahra will have more on this later this week. In the meantime, you can get the basic details, here
Did we miss something? Do you have an event for next week? Drop me a line at email@example.com.