- Tuesday – This month, the Transit Coalition monthly meeting features Rob Ball with Metro Construction. Remember, since the Transit Coalition moved their meetings to Metro HQ and it is after hours, you need to register for the meeting. You can do so here.
- Tuesday – The City of Glendale City Council meets to vote on whether to continue a road diet on Honolulu Street. Read an email from LACBC’s Colin Bogart on the vote and how you can get involved here.
- Tuesday, Wednesday – The Metro Board of Directors is preparing to give a fond farewell to the reign of Antonio Villaraigosa as Chair of the Board of Directors. His last meeting as Chair will be next week. But all the major work of the Board is done at committee this week, leaving just the infighting for next week. Get the committee schedule, here.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition hosts a celebration of some of the best graduate research on livable streets issues in Greater Los Angeles. Stay tuned to Streetsblog for articles written by some of the researchers. Get the information on the meeting, here.
- Wednesday – The Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority hosts the first of three open houses on the pre-construction. Read their press release on Streetsblog.
- Thursday – The Caltrans District Seven Bicycle Advisory Committee Meeting holds its bi-monthly meeting. They’re nice enough to send out their agenda and meeting information in one email which can be found here.
- Friday, Saturday – The American Institute of Architects is hosting a design conference featuring locally based, but nationally recognized, public health leaders discussing how design impacts placemaking impacts public health. Get more details here, and register for the conference here.
- Saturday – Are you an adult Streetsblog reader who hasn’t gotten into all this bike stuff you’re reading about? Cyclists Inciting Change Thru Live Exchange has the answer with a class teaching adults how to ride a bicycle. Get the details, here.
- Sunday – Bikerowave offers a free class entitled, “How to Turn Your Old Bike Into a New Utility Bike.” The title doesn’t leave a lot to the imagination. Get the details, here.
If there’s a great event we’re missing, or to register an event for a future list, please contact Damien Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org