Featured Headline: So apparently we caused a little distress at Metro HQ last Friday, but the truth of the matter is that we did them a favor. If Metro correctly handles the situation with a billionaire stirring the pot on a popular project, they’ll be able to point to their conduct forever. In other words, we did them a favor by letting the public know what was going on behind the scenes.
It looks like they could use the help, especially since Blog Downtown is now reporting that, “the man behind the letter is John Welborne, the man best known for Angels Flight. Welborne’s wife Martha just happens to be Metro’s top planner, putting her in charge of project’s such as the Regional Connector. Welborne is said to have been taking numerous meetings in recent weeks to pitch the coalition’s plan.”
And I’m going to do Metro another one now. If you read their official response to our story, it kind of sounds like they are going respond to Eli Broad and their planning director’s husband before they respond to everyone else. Their statement makes a lot more sense, and puts all their responses (to Eli and everyone else who responded) on the same time frame, if you know that the public release of the Final Environmental Impact Report is expected sometime in Mid-October.
- City Council Considering Extending Yellow/All Red Signals (LAT)
- Green Bike Lanes Coming to Boyle Heights (LADOT Bike Blog)
- Curbed Weighs in on Broad/CCC/Regional Connector
- Park(ing) Day Wrap-Up (Curbed, ABC7, Patch)
- Oh, and Art Cycle Was Great, Too (LAist)
- C’Mon Jerry, Just Sign the 3 Foot Passing Bill Already (Biking In LA)
- Is LADOT’s Sharrows Plan the Death of the Bike Plan? (Eco-Village)
- Ferrari Crash on PCH Splits Car in Two (LAT)
- Car Slams Into Bike Shop in the O.C. Owner, “It Looked Like a War Zone” (BBC)
- AAA Trying to Stop Toll Hike in NY/NJ Bridges (NY Post)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill