This Week In Livable Streets
West Hollywood bike tour, 405 Freeway, Metro public safety committee, and more:
- Varies – L.A. County Public Health’s 2 p.m. COVID-19 briefings are one or two days each week. Watch at the County Channel, Channel 94 on most cable systems, or via the County of Los Angeles Facebook page, where broadcast briefings are archived.
- Wednesday 6/1 – Metro’s Measure M Oversight Committee will meet virtually at 10:30 a.m. Details at agendas for public hearing then meeting.
- Wednesday 6/1 – Metro is looking to keep widening the 405 Freeway. Metro is preparing its “I-405 Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan” in order to seek more money for 405 corridor projects, some of which include “enhancing capacity” – ie: more cars on the 405. Learn more about Metro’s plans (and tell Metro to just not) at one remaining virtual meeting at 12 noon. More information on Metro’s I-405 CMCP at The Source.
- Wednesday 6/1 – Metro’s Public Safety Advisory Committee will meet from 5-7 p.m. to discuss and decide the future of Metro’s approach to transit policing. Details at meeting agenda or Metro event page.
- Wednesday 6/1 – The West Hollywood Bicycle Coalition will host a Tour De Parks bike ride starting 5:30 p.m. from Poinsettia Park at the corner of Willoughby and Fuller Avenues. Tour the city’s current pilot installations as part of the proposed Willoughby and Vista/Gardner Neighborhood Greenway. Event details at WeHo BC event page.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org