This Week In Livable Streets
CicLAvia returns to the Heart of L.A.! Also affordable housing, Gold Line first/last mile, Metro joint development (in Boyle Heights and Venice), climate resilience, and more!
- Monday 11/26 – Tonight L.A. City Councilmember Curren Price will hold an information session on how and where to access affordable housing in Los Angeles City. The meeting will take place at 6 p.m. at Dr. Maya Angelou Community School at 300 E. 53rd Street in South Los Angeles. For more information, call Councilmember Price’s Constituent Service Center at (323) 846-2651.
- Monday 11/26 and Tuesday 11/27 – Tonight, tomorrow, and next week, Metro continues to host public input meetings for the Foothill Gold Line phase 2B First/Last Mile Plan. Draft recommendations will be unveiled for community feedback:
– Monday 11/26, 6-8 p.m. Glendora Station Workshop at Glendora Library, 140 Glendora Avenue
– Tuesday 11/27, 6-8 p.m. Pomona Station Workshop at Palomares Park at 499 E. Arrow Highway
– Tuesday 12/10, 7-9 p.m. San Dimas Station Workshop at San Dimas Community Center at 201 E. Bonita Avenue
- Thursday 11/29 – East L.A. Community Corporation (ELACC) hosts its third community meeting to discuss their proposed affordable housing plans for the Mariachi Plaza Joint Development site. Meeting will be held from 5:30-8 p.m at the Hollenbeck Youth Center at 2015 E. 1st Street. Details at ELACC website.
- Thursday 11/29 – The American Planning Association will host a night of panel discussions on Resilient Los Angeles: Scaling Up Strategies to Prepare for Climate Change. The event will take place from 6-9 p.m. at TreePeople at 12601 Mulholland Drive in Beverly Hills. Details and purchase tickets at Eventbrite.
- Saturday 12/1 – Metro’s Joint Development Program will host an interactive workshop for the redevelopment of its Division 6 yard site on Main Street in Venice. Participants are encouraged to bring a drawing, artwork or other media to be displayed in a pop-up “idea gallery.” The workshop will take place from 10 a.m. to noon at the Boys & Girls Club at 2232 Lincoln Boulevard in Venice. For details or to provide input online, visit Metro project webpage.
- Sunday 12/2 – CicLAvia will host their free, fun, family-friendly open streets festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event takes places on six miles of car-free streets through Downtown L.A., Boyle Heights, Little Tokyo, and Chinatown. The route is easy to access via Metro’s Blue, Red, Purple, Expo, and Gold Lines – plus numerous bus lines, and Metrolink and Amtrak at Union Station. Details at CicLAvia website. Join a feeder ride – including one from Leimert Park hosted by People for Mobility Justice and Ride On!.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.