This Week In Livable Streets
Eight miles of CicLAvia from DTLA to Hollywood this Sunday! Plus Bike!Bike!, Metro board, Crenshaw/LAX line, Union Station, City Lites, and much more!
- Tuesday 9/25 – Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Line will host a quarterly meeting of the project’s Community Leadership Council from 6–8 p.m. at the Inglewood Public Library at 101 W. Manchester Boulevard. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 9/26 – Metro will host a meeting on its Crenshaw/LAX and Green Line Operating Plan from 6–8 p.m. at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Mall (Community Room) at 3650 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd in South Los Angeles.
- Wednesday 9/26 – Metro will host a Link Union Station Open House from 3-7 p.m. at Union Station. Details at Metro LinkUS webpage or Facebook event.
- Wednesday 9/26, Thursday 9/27 and Saturday 9/29 – Metro continues a series of community meetings on the North San Fernando Valley Bus Rapid Transit project. Metro anticipates that the project may ultimately span 18 to 20 miles and will travel east-west across the northern San Fernando Valley, potentially connecting to the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project, the Chatsworth Metrolink Station, the North Hollywood Metro Orange/Red Line Station, and/or the Sylmar/San Fernando Metrolink Station. Meetings will take place on 9/26 from 6-8 p.m. at Our Community Charter School at 10045 Jumilla Avenue in Chatsworth, on 9/27 from 6-8 p.m. at the San Fernando Aquatic Center Banquet Hall at 300 Park Avenue, and 9/29 from 10 a.m. – noon at East Valley High School Auditorium at 5525 Vineland Avenue in North Hollywood. Details at Metro’s The Source.
- Thursday 9/27 – The Metro Board will convene its regular monthly meeting at 9:30 a.m. at Metro headquarters at One Gateway Plaza, behind Union Station in downtown L.A. Agenda and staff reports at Metro meeting website.
- Thursday 9/27 through Sunday 9/30 – Cycling advocates will converge on Los Angeles for Bike!Bike! an annual gathering held in a different city each year. Most of the activities, including a Thursday night kick-off, will take place at Los Angeles State Historic Park, next to the Chinatown Gold Line Station. For details and to sign-up, go to the Bike!Bike! website.
- Saturday 9/29 – City Lites Network and partners will host their Annual Inner City Mini-Marathon & Health Festival, including the Inner City Bicycle Tour & Longboarding Tour and 5k-Walk/Roll. Various festivities take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Jesse Owens Park at corner of Century Boulevard and Western Avenue in South Los Angeles. Details at Facebook post.
- Sunday 9/30 – CicLAvia and the L.A. Phil will host Celebrate L.A. – a free family-friendly 8-mile open streets event connecting downtown L.A. with Hollywood. Details at CicLAvia website or Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.