This Week In Livable Streets
Lots going on: Nisei Week, Venice Blvd Great Streets, Go Avenue 26, Linkage Fee and Filipino food ride!
- Ongoing through Sunday 8/27 – The Nisei Week Japanese festival celebrates with various events, competitions, parade, and more taking place around downtown Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo. Full schedule at Nisei Week. For highlights, listen to the DamienTalks podcast.
- Tuesday 8/22 – The proposed Affordable Housing Linkage Fee returns to the L.A. City Council’s Planning and Land Use Management Committee. The PLUM committee meeting will be at 2:30 p.m. at the Deaton Civic Auditorium (in front of LAPD headquarters) at 100 W. First Street in downtown L.A. Details at meeting agenda. AHLF proponents will rally at 1 p.m. at the City Hall lawn across the street. Details at ACT-LA Twitter.
- Thursday 8/24 – C.I.C.L.E., Public Matters, and Pilipino Workers’ Center will host Taste of Temple Street: Filipino Bites by Bike presented by Metro, a 3-mile bike ride featuring eateries and retailers in Historic Filipinotown. The ride kicks off at 6 p.m. at Echo Park Lake, at the corner of Glendale Boulevard and Santa Ynez Street. Details at Facebook event. RSVP required via Eventbrite.
- Saturday 8/26 – L.A. City Councilmember Gil Cedillo, LA-Más, and others host a family-friendly neighborhood summer block party celebrating the launch of the Go Ave 26 installation! The free event will include food, music, art, booths, raffle and more. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lacy Street Park, across from the Lincoln-Cypress Metro Gold Line Station. Details at Facebook Event.
- Saturday 8/26 – The Association of Bicycle and Pedestrian Professionals hosts a tour of the Venice Boulevard Great Street’s pedestrian and bicycle safety upgrades. Meet at 11 a.m. at BikeRoWave at 12255 Venice Boulevard in Mar Vista. RSVPs requested to Mike Samuelson at m.samuelson[at]fehrandpeers.com. Share via Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.