This Week In Livable Streets
Enjoy the cool ocean breeze as CicLAvia touches down for the first time ever in Wilmington and San Pedro. There are also meetings on the Foothill Gold Line, L.A. Transportation Committee, L.A. Bicycle Advisory Committee, and Metro’s under-construction Crenshaw/LAX line.
- Monday 8/7 – Tonight starting from 5:30-7:30 p.m. the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority hosts the last in its series of Community Information Meetings. Tonight’s meeting will be at the Glendora Library Bidwell Forum, at 140 S. Glendora Avenue. For details see Gold Line Authority website.
- Monday 8/7 – Tonight the city of Los Angeles Bicycle Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at the Hollywood Neighborhood City Hall Community Room at 6501 Fountain Avenue in Hollywood. Preceding the meeting the public can join the BAC in a 6 p.m. tour of Metro’s Hollywood/Vine Bike Hub at 1630 N. Vine Street. Details at Facebook event.
- Tuesday 8/8 – Metro hosts the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Community Leadership Council Quarterly Meeting. Get updates about community engagement, economic development, quality of life, and special projects. The meeting will take place from 6-8 p.m. at West Angeles Villas at 6030 Crenshaw Boulevard in South Los Angeles. To RSVP or for more information, contact crenshawclc[at]metro.net. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 8/9 – The Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee will meet to discuss various city transportation issues, including parking tickets on street cleaning days, catering trucks, and the re-appointment of Tafarai Bayne to the city Transportation Commission. The meeting starts at 1 p.m. at City Hall room 1010, at 200 N. Spring Street (public entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details at meeting agenda.
- Sunday 8/13 – The free family-friendly open streets festival CicLAvia San Pedro Meets Wilmington will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on seven miles of streets in the L.A. Harbor area. Participants are invited to walk, bike, jog, wheelchair, tricycle, skate, tango, or pogo stick along portions of Avalon Boulevard, John S. Gibson Boulevard, 5th Street, Pacific Avenue in Wilmington and San Pedro. Get there early to use Metro Bike Share. Event details at CicLAvia, share via Facebook events.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.