This Week In Livable Streets
CicLAvia heads to Culver City and Venice this Sunday! There are also plenty of city and Metro meetings and more coming up.
- Tuesday 3/21 – The Los Angeles City Council Planning and Land Use Management Committee meets. On the agenda is the adoption of a new city policy on Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) or granny flats. The meeting takes place at 2:30 p.m. at City Hall 3rd floor council chambers, at 200 N. Spring Street (public entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details at meeting agenda.
Tuesday 3/21– EVENT CANCELED! Abundant Housing L.A. hosts a panel discussion on “What’s next for L.A. after defeating Measure S?” featuring L.A. City Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson and Planning Department head Vince Bertoni. The event goes from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Mercado La Paloma at 3655 S. Grand Avenue in South Los Angeles. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 3/23 – Metro hosts its monthly board of directors meeting, where they decide a full agenda of agency issues. This month’s agenda includes the Regional Connector pedestrian bridge to Grand Avenue, the Rosa Park Station overhaul, a raft of construction issues (due to a canceled committee meeting), and plenty more. The meeting starts at 9 a.m. at the 3rd floor Metro Board Room at One Gateway Plaza in downtown L.A., behind Union Station. See agendas and staff reports at Metro calendar page.
- Thursday 3/23 – Metro hosts two community meetings to discuss progress on the selection of alternatives for Segment B (the Southeast Cities section) of the planned Rail-to-River multi-use path. Two meetings (same content) take place from 3 to 5 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Oldtimers Housing Development Corporation at 3355 E. Gage Avenue in Huntington Park. Meeting and project details at Metro’s project page.
- Sunday 3/26 – Woooo! Hoooooo! CicLAvia – Culver City meets Venice is this Sunday from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. Bike, walk, run, skate, or whateva along 6 miles of car-free streets. It will be free, fun, and family-friendly. Get there easily via the Metro Expo Line. Share via Facebook event.
- Tuesday 3/28 and Thursday 4/30 – Councilmember Huizar and the Bureau of Engineering host community meetings on the Sixth Street PARC. Details at 6th Street Viaduct website.
- Thursday 3/30 through Saturday 4/8 – The California High-Speed Rail Authority will host a community meetings on connecting Los Angeles and Orange County. The downtown L.A. meeting will be Thursday 3/30. Meeting details at CAHSR.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.