This Week In Livable Streets
- Monday 10/31 – This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Everybody make a scream! And of course be safe both as a participant, road user and especially parent. We haven’t seen the LADOT safety press release for 2016 yet, but you can read the 2015 one at Streetsblog LITE. (Update, LADOT sent out the tips via social media and you can find links here : Twitter, Facebook)
- Tuesday 11/1 -At 3:30 pm, Mayor Eric Garcetti, Councilman Mike Bonin and Westside community leaders will be hosting a Yes on M Rally/Press event at the Expo Line’s Bundy Station at 3:30 p.m. All are welcome and Yes on M is hoping for a huge turnout of supporters for the ballot Measure.
- Wednesday 11/2 – LongBeachize’s former editor Brian Addison is coming back to the website! He’ll be holding court at Made Long Beach, holding regular office hours. The “launch” of the new LongBeachize is a Dia De Los Muertos party this Tuesday. Get all the details, here.
- Wednesday 11/2 – The L.A. chapter of the American Planning Association hosts a book club discussion on affordable housing, development and the book Evicted, Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond. Get reading right now – and join the discussion from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at 235 E Holly Street in Pasadena. Details at Facebook event.
- Friday 11/4 – Relámpago Wheelery, the bike space run by “El Jimmy” Lizama of Bicycle Kitchen fame, hosts a ditching party, featuring figure drawing, karaoke, music, and lots more. The festivities run from noon until midnight at 140 Bimini Place in Koreatown. Details at Facebook event.
- Friday 11/4 through Sunday 11/6 – Revolution Bike Fest is coming to Orange County. The promotional material makes it appear similar to the Bike Fest in Downtown Los Angeles earlier this year, but bigger. And over three days. Do you like bikes? How about festivals? Then this is for you. (Note: I’m assuming you answered yes to both of those questions). More details, here.
- Saturday 11/5 – The city of Glendale hosts a Walkabout to bring people together to understand and document positives and negatives of walking in Glendale. This Saturday is the second of two Walkabouts. The free event starts at 9 a.m. at Incarnation Community Center at 214 W. Fairview Avenue in Glendale. Free, but pre-registration requested at city of Glendale website. Share via Facebook event.
- Sunday 11/6 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition is hosting another Sunday Funday ride. The easy-moderate 16-mile loop ride meets at 9:30 a.m. and departs at 10 a.m. from the Highland Park Metro Gold Line Station. Heavy rain cancels or postpones the ride, but if it’s just drizzle then the ride will go on. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.