The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Today – At 2 p.m. the Budget and Finance Committee will discuss a report on the city’s obligation to maintain sidewalks surrounding city-owned buildings. As you may have heard, sidewalk repair is something of a hot issue in City Hall. Read the agenda, here.
- Tuesday – Los Angeles Walks is creating a pedestrian wayfinding system called Walk This Way, LA that gives information on walking times between different destinations, to show connectivity between neighborhoods and change perceptions that many places are too far away to walk. If you’re interested in helping, click here.
- Wednesday – Via LACBC: After years of outreach, stakeholder education, meetings, rides and rallies, we are delighted to report that Councilman Gil Cedillo is seriously considering project options that will create a safe and inclusive North Figueroa that include bike lanes. LACBC is holding a meeting of the Ride Figueroa campaign that evening at 6 p.m. Get the details, here.
- Thursday – Wolfpack Hustle is hosting a group bike ride to the LACBC/L.A. Walks/Streetsblog sponsored Livable Streets Candidate forum. The ride starts at 5:30 at Mornings Night Coffee at Sunset Triangle Plaza, located at Sunset Blvd and Griffith Park Blvd. For more, click here.
- Thursday – With or without the Wolfpack, you should come to the forum. RSVP at Event Brite. The forum starts at 6:30 with a reception, sponsored by Pocrass and De Los Reyes LLC, starting afterwards at 8:30.
- Friday – The Westside Urban Forum takes a look at the growth of bicycling in the Westside. From the announcement, “The Westside, though, maintains a fraught relationship with this resurgent form of transportation. While many Westsiders treasure their road bikes and weekend rides, commuters still face some mean streets. The Westside may be poised for a bicycle revolution.” The Forum starts bright and early at 7 a.m. Read more details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know about going forward? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.