The Week in Livable Streets Events
This is a weird week, with a state holiday on Friday and some school districts (Culver City and more) starting up the school year. Oh, well. The Week in Livable Streets Events rolls on.
- Wednesday – A crowded transportation committee includes a possible change in how LADOT measures bike plan implementation. The proposal would require LADOT to address the most dangerous areas first identified in the bike plan instead of placing the emphasis on bike infrastructure miles. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Read the agenda, here.
- Thursday – The Metro Board of Directors does not meet in August.
- Thursday – Councilmember José Huizar’s Bringing Back Broadway initiative and LADOT celebrate the completion of phase one of the Broadway Streetscape Master Plan – a “dress rehearsal” that sets the stage for future improvements. This phase of the plan reconfigures the roadway from four lanes to three, and reclaims space formerly used by vehicles to increase pedestrian areas, provide shorter safer crosswalks, allow for 24-hour parking and loading where none previously existed, while offering public outdoor seating along Broadway with tables, chairs and umbrellas “adopted” by Broadway businesses. Get more details, here.
- Thursday – But wait, there’s more. YPT-LA and APBP-SoCal are joining forces to bring you a free walking tour of the new Broadway Streetscape Dress Rehearsal project with LADOT’s Pedestrian Coordinator, Margot Ocañas. Meet at Grand Central Market at 5:00 and start the walk at 5:30pm. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get more details, here.
- Saturday – It’s L.A.’s 233rd birthday! Celebrate by walking or biking. Get more details, here.
- Saturday -The LA Explorers Club, C.I.C.L.E., and L.A. history experts, Esotouric, team for al bike ride through Hollywood’s Culture and Lore. Esotouric is an actual tour company that knows the dirty secrets of LA and we are so happy to be collaborating for their first bike tour. Get all the details, here.
Did we miss something? Is there something we need to know for next week? Email email@example.com