Featured Headline: So There Was This Bike Thing Yesterday Called CicLAvia. The Times followed a rolling family reunion. ABC7 estimated 130,000 participants, up 30k from 10/10/10. The AP notes that bikes and protesters mix well. Neon Tommy contrasts CicLAvia with the Governor’s refusal to Give Us 3. The Daily News wants it to come to the Valley (I do too…). Forbes has a picture of Stephen Villavaso using Mojito’s hula-hoop.
- More on Gov’s Ban of 3 Foot Passing Law (Union-Tribune, Bicycle Retailer)
- Pomona Cyclist Killed by Driver Who Passed Too Close (Biking In L.A.)
- Nevada, with Republican Governor, Celebrates New 3 Feet Passing Law (Reno PJ)
- Gov. Backs “Right” of Unlicensed Drivers to Have Cars (LAT)
- Metrolink Added More Bike Cars for CicLAvia, But They’re Staying for Good (The Source)
- Model Street Manual Provides Blueprint for LA County (Curbed, Smart Growth America, Urban Times, Hawaii Safe Streets)
- Are Bikes and Cars in a War for the Streets? (BBC)
- Can High-Speed Rail Be Saved? (Infrastructurist)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill
We’re going to keep it a little light today, national holiday and all. Hope everyone had a blast at CicLAvia and enjoys the Storify story and our photo coverage. See you all at the next CicLAvia, 4/15/12.