What Do You Want Covered from the Street Summit?
Today, tomorrow and Wednesday Streetsblog will run a short series where you can decide what sessions I’ll attend and cover at this year’s LA Street Summit. Despite it’s name, there’s no formal relationship between the Summit and Streetsblog, although I will be covering the events on Thursday and Sunday, and I’m told we’ll also be seeing some L.A. Streetfilms be filmed and produced.
However, I can only be at one place at a time. For the three breakout sessions on Saturday, I decided that I would narrow down the sessions to a handful; and let you tell me what I’m going to and what I’m covering. Some topics I’m eliminating because we already cover them to death, and some others because they’re outside of the Streetsblog "beat." Let me know what you want me to cover in the comments section, and for a full listing of all the sessions in all three time slots, visit the Street Summit website.
- Breakthrough Communities: Sustainability and Justice in the Next American Metropolis
- Carl Anthony, Paloma Pavel
- Learning LA from the Streets
- Diane Meyer "Without a Car in the World;" Nigel Raab, Assistant Professor of Russian History at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles; Jean-François Blanchette, Assistant professor of Information Studies UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies; Christine Louise Berry, founding artistic director of Smart Gals Productions; Joshua Dysart, Eisner Award nominated comic book writer.
- Making the Health Connection
- Jean Armbruster, LA County Department of Health; Ryan Snyder
- Moving People to Good Food and Good Food to People
- Mark Vallianatos, UEPI
- Crowd Source Bike Mapping
- Zane Selvans
- Building A Community "Play" Space: Low-Tech, Low Cost, High-Reward
- Margot Rogers Ocañas