This Week In Livable Streets
Give your input on LADOT’s plans for expanding DASH, Commuter Express, and Cityride services. Celebrate LADOT’s People St program. Learn about and give input on Metro’s Rail2River multi-use path. Plus plenty more – all taking place this week.
- Monday 8/22 – Tonight! LADOT is holding a series of community meetings on the future of Commuter Express, DASH and Cityride Services. The meeting tonight is from 6 to 7 p.m. at the city’s Constituent Service Center at 8475 South Vermont Avenue in South L.A. Meeting details at LADOT. Give input via LADOT’s online survey. Meetings continue through August 31 at various L.A. locations.
- Tuesday 8/23 – LADOT community meetings continue – see Monday above. Tuesday’s meeting is from 6 to 7 p.m. at Glassell Park Senior Center at 3750 Verdugo Road in Glassell Park. Meeting details at LADOT. Give input via LADOT’s online survey.
- Tuesday 8/23 – American Planning Association’s Los Angeles chapter and the South Park BID are throwing a party to celebrate LADOT People St as a recipient of a 2016 National Planning Achievement Award. The festivities go from 6 to 8 p.m. mingling around the Hope Street Parklet between 11th and 12th Streets in downtown Los Angeles. Free party with music, tacos and drinks for sale. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 8/24 – Metro is hosting community input meetings on its Rail2River / Rail2Rail multi-use walk-bike path project along Slauson Avenue. Two same-content meetings will take place Wednesday from 3 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. at Salt Lake Park at 3401 E Florence Avenue in
Huntington Park. Details at Metro’s Rail to Rail/River Active Transportation Corridor page.
- Wednesday 8/24 – LADOT community meetings continue – see Monday above. Wednesday’s meeting is from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Felicia Mahood Multipurpose Center at 11338 Santa Monica Boulevard in West L.A. Meeting details at LADOT. Give input via LADOT’s online survey.
- Wednesday 8/24 – Celebrate SaMoGo at its community celebration at 6 p.m. at PUBLIC Bikes + Gear at 2714 Main Street in Santa Monica. RSVP via SaMoGo.
- Thursday 8/25 – The Metro board hosts its regular monthly meeting. Agendas and staff reports at Metro meetings page.
- Saturday and Sunday 8/27-28 – AIKA the Urban Cycling Store hosts a Family Cargo Bike event – test ride great big bikes for kids and their parents. The event goes from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at AIKA at 2300 Lincoln Blvd in Santa Monica. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 8/27 – Design East of La Brea (de LaB) hosts a Hidden Hi Fi Art Alleys Celebration from noon to 3 p.m. in Historic Filipinotown. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.