Cyclists will want to make sure to attend Wednesday night’s Expo Line bike path meeting. Attend plenty of other meetings, too: on Purple Line subway construction, county parks, Union Station, and even (yawn) preferential parking. Celebrate a new DTLA parklet Thursday morning. Then bike and eat pizza, and ride Breeze bike-share!
- Monday 1/11 – Tonight at 6 p.m. Metro will host a community meeting on Purple Line Subway construction, with a focus on the decking planned at Wilshire Boulevard and La Brea Avenue. It takes place at the Korean Cultural Center at 5505 Wilshire Blvd in Mid-City. Details at Facebook event.
- Wednesday 1/13 – The agenda of this week’s Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee meeting includes lots of preferential parking districts, oversized vehicle limits, and funding for Valley Village Traffic Calming. The meeting takes place at 1 p.m. at City Hall room 1010. Details on agenda.
- Wednesday 1/13 – The city of L.A. wants your input on closing a 0.7-mile gap in the Expo Line bike path through Cheviot Hills. Attend the Expo-Northvale Bicycle Path Open House from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Palms-Rancho Park Branch Library at 2920 Overland Avenue in West L.A. More details at last week’s SBLA article.
- Wednesday 1/13 – The Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation is hosting a series of public meetings to solicit input on its countywide parks assessment. Choose between two community meetings Wednesday night: at 6:30 p.m. at South Los Angeles Sports Activity Center at 7020 South Figueroa Street in South L.A., or at 6:30 p.m. at East Rancho Dominguez Park at 15116 Atlantic Avenue in Compton. All meetings listed here – schedule continues through February, with meetings throughout L.A. County. Take the parks survey online here.
- Thursday 1/14 – The South Park Business Improvement District is celebrating DTLA’s newest People St parklet. Join BID reps, L.A. City Councilmember Jose Huizar, and LADOT GM Seleta Reynolds, from 8:45 to 10:00 a.m. at 1111 S. Hope Street in downtown Los Angeles. Details at South Park BID.
- Thursday 1/14 – The Transit Coalition hosts a talk by Metro’s Elizabeth Carvajal on the future of Union Station, taking place 6 to 8:45 p.m. at Metro Headquarters, Union Station Conference Room. The event includes dinner, so RSVPs required in advance. Get tickets at Eventbrite.
- Thursday 1/14 – L.A. County Parks needs assessment meetings continue Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. at Lincoln Park at 3501 Valley Boulevard in Boyle Heights. All meetings listed here. Take the parks survey online here.
- Saturday 1/16 – L.A. County Parks needs assessment meetings continue Saturday at 10 a.m. at Lennox Park at 10828 Condon Avenue
in unicorporated Lennox, near LAX. All meetings listed here. Take the parks survey online here.
- Saturday 1/16 – L.A. Bike Trains hosts its “Biking ’til snack time: Pizza Party” group bike ride, which departs from Union Station at 1:30 p.m. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 1/17 – Want to try out Santa Monica’s awesome new Breeze bike-share but you’re not sure how? Learn about Breeze at Santa Monica Spoke’s 10 a.m. “Learn to #RideBreeze & Community Ride.” Breeze registration is free, but you have to rsvp in advance. Details at Santa Monica Spoke.
- Coming Soon 1/25-26 – Streetsblog L.A. is a sponsor for VerdExchange’s VX2016 conference, featuring numerous L.A. livability luminaries, from L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti to L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, and from Metro CEO Phil Washington to LADOT General Manager Seleta Reynolds. Details at VerdExchange.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.