The Week in Livable Streets Events
With the school year back in session, the public meeting schedule is also starting to heat up. The week ends with one of the best kid-friendly bicycle events, Tour Da Arts, in L.A. County in Santa Monica. And that’s the day after the popular Kidical Mass. Santa Monica sure knows how to celebrate back to school week.
- Monday – At 6:30, the Pasadena Department of Transportation will host a public meeting on the “Future of Bicycling in Pasadena” on Monday. The meeting will cover the results of a recent bikeway feasibility study. Get the meeting details, here.
- Tuesday – The first draft of the SGV Bike Master Plan will be reviewed by the San Gabriel City Council for the first time at 5:30 p.m. Get the meeting details, here.
- Tuesday – The California High Speed Rail Authority wraps up its series of public meetings outlining new route options for the San Gabriel Valley. Tuesday’s meeting is at Union Station from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Get the meeting details, here.
- Tuesday – CicLAvia is holding a community meeting on in East L.A. to prepare the community for the “Heart of Los Angeles” CicLAvia on October 5. If you want to learn more, or show support for CicLAvia, make plans now. Get the meeting details, here.
- Wednesday, Thursday – The Metro Board of Directors does not meet in August. Thus, there are no committee meetings.
- Thursday – As a nonprofit organization, LACBC raises money to do the work they do. Learn about ways to put on fundraisers with a purpose and build the support you need to grow. The strongest partnerships can be made by people like you that already have connections in your local community. Get the details, here.
- Friday – 1st District Councilmember and faux-safety advocate Gil Cedillo opens a district office in Highland Park, and the frustrated safe streets advocates of Northeast Los Angeles will be there to greet him. Get the details, here.
- Saturday – Join Eagle Rock Valley Historical Society‘s newest board member, Severin Martinez on a 6 mile walking tour around the neighborhood focused on Eagle Rock’s history of community and civic engagement. Get the details, here.
- Sunday – The Santa Monica Museum of Art’s annual Tour da Arts returns with vol. 6! The Museum’s free, all day bicycle festival and tour welcomes riders of all ages and abilities to enjoy art, music and dazzling performances. C.I.C.L.E. will lead a nine-mile community bicycle ride with unique sights and sounds. During the pre-ride festivities, Santa Monica Next will be tabling where you can register to vote, play planning games or get your hands on Santa Monica Next and Vote Local! bicycling stickers. Get the details, here.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we need to know about for next week or the future? Let us know at email@example.com.