The Week in Livable Streets Events
- Monday – The City of Los Angles hosts a public environmental scoping meetings for the Coastal Transportation Corridor
Specific Plan (CTCSP) and the West Los Angeles Transportation Improvement and Mitigation Specific Plan (WLA TIMP). An EIR Notice of Preparation (NOP) is available for review here. Get more details on the meeting, here.
- Wednesday – The Los Angeles City Council Transportation Committee meets to discuss a new way on ride share and receive an oral report on bike plan implementation. The meeting starts at 2 in City Hall. Read the agenda, here.
- Thursday – Councilmember Gil Cedillo’s campaign to stop the previously approved North Figueroa Road Diet and bike lane project continues with another redundant public meeting. Will the Councilmember’s phone banking efforts payoff? Will he finally get a crowd of enough grumpy baby boomers to out number the armies of safe street advocates who show up to these meetings? Time will tell. Get the meeting details courtesy LACBC, here.
- Saturday, Sunday – Those that are signed up for the L.A. River Ride can pick up their ride packets at bike shops located between Downtown Los Angeles and the Westside. Get more information on the packet pickup, here.
- SAVE THE DATES: Later this week we’ll have more details on two July Events celebrating our 2013 Streetsie Award Winners. We’ll be taking a walk in Echo Park with Alissa and Jessica on the 12th, and partying in Santa Monica with Mayor Pam on the 27th. Details coming soon.
Did we miss anything? Is there something on the schedule for next week? Let us know: email@example.com