Celebrate 5 Years of Streetsblog Los Angeles
- April 27, 2013 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us on April 27th at 6:30 p.m. at the Silver Lake home of Deborah Murphy for our 5th birthday party and a celebration of our 2012 Streetsie Award winners.
As our guests, you will enjoy a gourmet “StreetsCuisine” meal prepared by Cuisine in the City at a historic hilltop house designed by J.R. Davidson and R.M. Schindler with views of the Silver Lake, Northeast Los Angeles and the San Gabriel Mountains. Coming on the heels of CicLAvia, the cuisine will be South American themed to salute its influence in the North American Livable Streets Movement.
We’ll also be honoring our 2012 “People of the Year” Streetsie Award Winners:
- Government Employee of the Year: Jaime De La Vega, General Manager of LADOT
- Politician of the Year: Ara Najarian, City Councilman from the City of Glendale
- Advocate of the Year: Valerie Watson, formerly of the Downtown Neighborhood Council
- “People’s Choice” Journalist of the Year: Chris Hawthorne, Los Angeles Times Architecture Critic (Invited)
The suggested donation is $25 for students, $50 for subscribers and $100 general admission. As always, nobody will be turned away, but this is a fundraiser so please donate what you can.