UCLA Luskin: Complete Streets for California
Confirmed speakers include:
- Tilly Chang, Deputy Director for Planning, SFCTA
- Reid Ewing, National Center for Smart Growth, University of Maryland
- Andrew Oelz, Akin Gump, LLP
- Tom Sanchez, Virginia Tech/Brookings Institute
- Valerie Watson, Downtown LA Neighborhood Council
We are excited to present two tracks this year that will allow for a more interactive and participatory conference.
– Redefining Street Performance Metrics
– Safety and Equity Considerations
– Re-Purposing Road Space as Public Space
– Social and Environmental Ecology
The conference is designed to foster productive interaction among an interdisciplinary group of participants in order to further the understanding of key issues and indentify key steps for implementation and the future of direction of research. The interdisciplinary group includes:
- County and City Departments: Transportation, Public Works, Planning and Public Health
- Commercial developers, engineers, planners, architects, landscape architects, and other business representatives
- Transportation, environmental health and community advocates/activists
- Policy makers
- University researchers
Group rates are available.
Visit our website for daily updates.
This event is presented by the UCLA Lewis Center, Luskin Center for Innovation, and the Luskin School of Public Affairs.
Contact Florentina Craciun for sponsorship opportunities.