This Week In Livable Streets
Eastside Extension, Beyond Freeways, Holly Mitchell, Burbank Blvd., and more:
- Varies – L.A. County Public Health’s 2 p.m. COVID-19 briefings are one or two days each week. Watch at the County Channel, Channel 94 on most cable systems, or via the County of Los Angeles Facebook page, where broadcast briefings are archived.
- Tuesday 3/8 – ActiveSGV and others will host Beyond Freeways: Reconnecting Nature and Neighborhoods, a community conversation about urban conservation, affordable housing, and building resilient community connections along the corridor where the canceled North 710 Freeway extension would have been built. The free panel discussion goes from 6:30-8 p.m. Event details at Zoom registration link or ActiveSGV Twitter.
- Wednesday 3/9 – Streets For All hosts a 5 p.m. virtual Happy Hour with County Supervisor Holly Mitchell. Details at Streets For All event webpage.
- Wednesday 3/9 – Revised non-widening plans for Burbank Boulevard will be presented at the 6:30 p.m. North Hollywood Neighborhood Council board meeting. Details at meeting agenda.
- Starting Wednesday 3/9 – Metro is hosting four virtual community meetings on its Eastside L (Gold) Line extension and possible phased project construction.
– East Los Angeles Community meeting, Wednesday 3/9 from 6-7:30 p.m.
– Commerce and Montebello meeting, Thursday 3/10 from 6-7:30 p.m.
– Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, and Los Nietos meeting, Wednesday 3/16 from 6-7:30 p.m.
– Whittier meeting, Thursday 3/17 from 6-7:30 p.m.
Zoom links, Spanish/English dial-in numbers, in-person tech van locations, and more at The Source.
- Saturday 3/12 – L.A. County will host a City Terrace Pedestrian Plan Community Workshop. Participants are encourages to share your story, and shape your community. Learn about the ongoing efforts to improve walkability and enhance street safety in unincorporated East Los Angeles. The in-person event will take place from 10 a.m. to noon at City Terrace Park gym at 1126 N. Hazard Avenue – plus two additional East L.A. satellite locations: Sarah’s Market (3455 City Terrace Drive) and in front of Superior Grocers (3600 E. Cesar E. Chavez Avenue). Details in Spanish and English at event flier. Keep up with the pedestrian plan at Step By Step L.A. County website.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org