This Week In Livable Streets
Metro transit policing, lower 710 Freeway, downtown L.A. bus lanes, transportation gender equity, and more:
- Varies – L.A. County Public Health’s 2 p.m. COVID-19 briefings are now generally on Mondays and Wednesdays. Watch at the County Channel, Channel 94 on most cable systems, or via the County of Los Angeles Facebook page, where broadcast briefings are archived.
- Monday 8/30 – The Gateway Cities Council of Governments 710 Freeway Ad Hoc Committee generally meets on the first and third Mondays of the month. Today the committee will meet from 5-7 p.m. The meeting will include a presentation by members of the Coalition for Environmental Health and Justice (CEHAJ) and nomination of representatives to be on Metro I-710 South Corridor Task Force. Details for accessing the virtual meeting at meeting agenda.
- Tuesday 8/31 – Tomorrow at 6 p.m. Metro and LADOT will host a virtual public meeting on the Grand Avenue and Olive Street bus lanes planned for downtown Los Angeles. The plan is to add 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. bus-only lanes on a one-mile segment of Grand between Hope Place and Pico Boulevard, and a 1.4-mile segment of Olive between 2nd Street and Pico. Join the meeting via Zoom, meeting ID: 916 0101 1727, passcode: 5851, or call in: (213)338-8477. Details at The Source post.
- Wednesday 9/1 – Metro’s Public Safety Advisory Committee meets from 5-7 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays each month. Join the meeting via Zoom, or by calling (669)900-9128 (meeting ID: 828 7686 3804). Details at meeting agenda and Metro PSAC webpage.
- Thursday 9/2 – The L.A. City Transportation Department (LADOT) and the Intelligent Transportation Society of America will host a 10 a.m. panel discussion on Advancing Gender Equitable Transportation for Los Angeles. The event will explore the subject of gender-based barriers to transportation and the potential solutions to such barriers. Speakers include LADOT General Manager Seleta Reynolds, who will speak on the topic of LADOT’s recently released study, Changing Lanes: A Gender Equity Transportation Study, which details the relationship between gender and transportation access difficulties experienced by those in Los Angeles. Details, including Zoom registration link, at ITS America event page.
- Friday 9/29 – Streetsblog L.A. will be off this Friday and next Monday for the Labor Day weekend. Calendar will return that Tuesday.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org