This Week In Livable Streets
Gentrification 101, lower 710, Figueroa for All, On the Move Riders pop-up, and Twilight Twirl ride in downtown L.A.
- Tuesday 8/29 – On the Move Riders Program hosts an Older Adult Transportation Pop-Up from 10:00 a.m to noon at the Azusa Women’s Club at 1003 N. Azusa Avenue in Azusa. Details and RSVP via eventbrite.
- Wednesday 8/30 – Las Fotos Project and SAJE present “Gentrification 101” – a discussion on the gentrification in Boyle Heights and South L.A. The free event takes place from 5-7 p.m. at Las Fotos Project at 2658 Pasadena Avenue, in Lincoln Heights. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 8/31 – The Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council’s Land Use and Public Safety Committees will host a joint meeting to “address the future of safety and lane configuration of N. Figueroa Street through our neighborhood”. Fig4All activists are urging attendance from folks who want to improve safety for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists alike. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. at the Arroyo Seco Regional Branch Library at 6145 N. Figueroa Street in Highland Park. Details at meeting agenda.
- Thursday 8/31 – Metro and Caltrans hold a public hearing on the $6-11 billion lower 710 Freeway expansion project. The hearing will take place from 6-9 p.m. at the Cesar E. Chavez Park Community Center at 401 Golden Avenue in Long Beach. Details at The Source.
- Thursday 9/2 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts its first Twilight Twirl – a 13 miles intermediate level ride with with some climbing. The ride begins at 6 p.m. at Just Ride L.A. at 1626 S. Hill Street in downtown Los Angeles. Bike lights mandatory. Details at Facebook event.
- Monday 9/4 – Labor Day – Streetsblog L.A. will publish lightly on Friday, not at all on Monday, and return on Tuesday.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.