This Week In Livable Streets
Lots going on this week: Transportation Committee, Eastside Mural Ride, Rail-to-River, APBP Happy Hour, and SCAG Toolbox Tuesday.
- Tuesday 6/27 – Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) hosts a free overview workshop and technical training for SCAG’s new criteria and interactive tool to evaluate Enhanced Infrastructure Finance Districts (EIFDs) and Community Revitalization and Investment Authorities (CRIAs). The workshop takes place from 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at SCAG’s Main Office at 818 West 7th Street, 12th Floor, in downtown Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live at various other locations. To sign up go to Wufoo page. For details email India Brookover at brookover[at]scag.ca.gov or call (213) 236-1800.
- Wednesday 6/28 – The L.A. City Council Transportation Committee will meet to discuss the DTLA streetcar, Measure M, an L.A. River bridge, and more. The meeting is at 1 p.m. at City Hall Room 1010, 200 N. Spring Street (public entrance on Main Street) in downtown L.A. Details in the meeting agenda.
- Wednesday 6/28 – The So. Cal. chapter of the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals will host a happy hour from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Grand Star Jazz Club, 943 N. Broadway in Chinatown. Details at Facebook event.
- Thursday 6/29 -Metro will host two public meetings to discuss and plan Segment A of the walking and biking path known as the Active Transportation Rail-to-River Corridor Project. Segment A runs along an old railroad right-of-way between the future Fairview Heights Station on the Crenshaw/LAX Line and the Blue Line’s Slauson Station. Meetings will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Hubert H. Humphrey Comprehensive Health Center’s second-floor auditorium at 5850 S. Main Street in South Los Angeles. Details at The Source.
- Saturday 7/1 – Multicultural Communities for Mobility are hosting their Eastside Mural Ride 2017, presented by Metro. The free family-friendly ride celebrates the rich history of murals in East L.A. and City Terrace. The ride will gather at 9 a.m. at Civic Center Park at 4801 East 3rd Street in East Los Angeles. MCM will be giving away free bicycle helmets and bike lights while supplies last; for a helmet and/or set of lights, please register at Eventbrite. Details at Facebook event.
- Sunday 7/2 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts a Sunday Funday bike tour of the Westside, includng recent safety improvements in Mar Vista and Playa Del Rey. The 13-mile ride will meet at 9:30 a.m. at Culver Slauson Park at 5072 Slauson Avenue in Culver City. For details see LACBC website.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.