This Week In Livable Streets
Leimert Park plans its future. SCAG and Metro plan Norwalk Green Line connections. Ride Griffith Park and the north San Fernando Valley. Remember to vote for Streetsie awards by Thursday.
- Thursday 1/5 – This Thursday at noon is the deadline to vote for L.A. Streetsie awards!
- Saturday 1/7 – Finish The Ride and Velo Studio host Tour de Griffith Park: An Introduction to Safe and Fun Riding. The free community bike ride starts at 8 a.m. at Velo Studio at 3200 Los Feliz Boulevard in Atwater Village. Details at Facebook event.
- Saturday 1/7 – The Empowerment Congress West Area Neighborhood Development Council hosts a third Leimert Park Village 20|20 Vision Initiative 2017 Charrette to plan how to harness change Crenshaw Line is bringing to the Leimert Park area. The event takes place from 9 a.m to 2 p.m. at the Vision Theatre at 3341 W. 43rd Place in South Los Angeles. Details at Facebook event. RSVP requested to leimertparkvillage [at] gmail.com.
- Saturday 1/7 and Next Wednesday 1/11 – Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG), Metro and the cities of Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs, are hosting two identical community open house meetings for input on alternatives for extending the Metro Green Line east from the Norwalk Station to connect to the Norwalk/Santa Fe Springs Metrolink Station. Saturday’s meeting is from 1 to 3 p.m. and Wednesday’s meeting is 6 to 8 p.m. Both meetings take place at Sproul Reception Center at 12239 Sproul Street in Norwalk. Details at SCAG website and on flier [PDF]. Additional details are available by calling or emailing SCAG at (213)236-1897 or or norwalkgreenline[at]scag.ca.gov
- Sunday 1/8 – The L.A. County Bicycle Coalition hosts a Sunday Funday ride exploring the old San Fernando Valley. The ride starts at 9:30 a.m. at the San Fernando/Sylmar Metrolink Station at 12219 Frank Modugno Drive in San Fernando. Details at Facebook event.
Did we miss anything? Is there something we should list on future calendars? Email joe [at] streetsblog.org.