Today is Veterans Day – SBLA Publishing Lightly This Morning, Back To Full Strength Monday
- Election 2016: Hawthorne: L.A. Voters Embrace Urban Future (LAT)
…L.A. Voters Embraced A Bold Choice In Measure M (The Source)
…L.A. Voters Favored Better Quality Of Life For All (Investing In Place)
…L.A. Voters Rejected NIMBYs (L.A. Weekly)
…Ballot Measure Successes A Boost For Garcetti (LAT)
…Public Transit Won Big On Election Night (Think Progress)
…But Transit Could Still Lose (CityLab)
…Governor Brown To Trump: CA Won’t Back Down On Climate Change (LAT)
- Get Your Mind Off The Election: LB Beach Streets Ciclovia Is Tomorrow! (The Source)
…Event Details At Long Beach Beach Streets Website
- Former L.A. Mayor Villaraigosa Running For Governor (Daily News)
- LACBC Recaps Army Corps L.A. River Bike Path Meeting
- Saturday 11/12 – Tomorrow Southern California Transit Advocates are meeting at 1 p.m. at Angelus Plaza, 255 S. Hill Street, 4th floor, in downtown Los Angeles. It is free and open to the public. Anna Apostolos, Senior Program Manager of the Los Angeles Neighborhood Initiative will be the speaker. Charles Hobbs will do a book signing for Hidden History of Transportation in L.A. There will also be discussion of the passage of Measure M and other current transit-related happenings.
- Saturday 11/12 – Tomorrow Long Beach’s Beach Streets open streets festival takes over Anaheim Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.! See map and more details at Long Beach Beach Streets Website.